Joya de Costa Rica provides its guests with the utmost in privacy. You may wish to spend the day never leaving your sanctuary overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Swimming or relaxing by the pool, lounging on one of the many covered decks, walking through the jungle trails, exploring the fruit orchards, viewing wildlife from the observation decks, listening to music via the Bose surround sound system or simply taking a nap, and of course playing golf on your own private and challenging course can fill your days. Descend from your retreat and enjoy a wide variety of beaches, snorkeling , scuba diving, hiking, fishing, kayaking, river rafting, surfing, zip lining and exploring. Visit the towns of Cahuita, Puerto Viejo, Punta Uva and Manzanillo. A visit to the Chocolate museum, Jaguar Rescue Center, Sloth Club and the Iguana house are all interesting excursions. A guided hike through Cahuita National Park will reward you with sightings of sloths, monkeys, birds, and reptiles.
- Golf: Joya de Costa Rica is a golfer’s paradise; guests are spoiled with their own challenging, 9- hole, private golf course while enjoying the views of lush rain forests greens, wildlife and miles of Costa Rican’s perfect beaches.
- Surfing: The waves found in the beaches of Costa Rica are like no other in the world. Located nearby Joya de Costa Rica, just minutes away, is Puerto Viejo, also known as “Salsa Brava.” Due to nearby storms and coral reefs, it produces one the most power waves of all of Costa Rica. It is not recommended for beginners, but for pro-surfers and dare devils, Salsa Brava can be a surfer’s paradise.
For the novice, Playa Cocles is short drive from Puerto Viejo and offers beach brakes and fun waves.
No matter what level the surfer is on, exotic views, huge waves and beautiful beaches make surfing one of the main events in Costa Rica.
- Kayaking: Enjoy a unique experience by exploring Costa Rica’s 802 miles of coastline and countless rivers from a kayak. Kayaking is perfect for pros and beginners alike to explore the abundance of exquisite jungle views and wild life Costa Rica has to offer.
- Fishing: Costa Rica is one of the premier places in the world to not only vacation but to fish as well. There is nowhere in the world except Costa Rica where you can fish, such as Tarpon, and enjoy the exceptional view of volcanoes and lush green jungles as your scenery.
- Horseback Riding: Horseback riding allows travelers to experience spectacular views of Costa Rica’s pristine beaches, misty rainforests and surrounding volcanoes. There are a variety tours to choose from for riders of all abilities and ages. Whether it is within the course of a few hours or a full day excursion, horseback riding is sure to make a memorable adventure.
- Snorkeling: Snorkeling is just one of the ways to enjoy the views and magic of Costa Rica. Cahita National Park is located just north of Joya de Costa Rica. Along the Cahuita Point, a boat will transport you to the best snorkeling spots. As you swim around among the wide variety of marine life, you will also be able to see the only mature coral reef off the Caribbean coast. The reef spreads out like a fan, measuring about 240 acres. The tour can also be combined with a hike.
- Scuba diving: Experience Costa Rica under the sea. There are more than twenty dive locations between Cahuita and Manzanillo. No matter which diving site you choose, you are sure to find Costa Rica’s only two living coral reefs and colorful, exotic marine life. Off of the park’s coast, there are two shipwreck dives that include cannons and other antiquities.
- Massage: One or two highly skilled masseuses can come to you and provide individual massage, or reflexology, in the privacy of your home and overlooking the ocean.
- Spas: If you prefer the spa setting, there are a few to choose from.
- Shopping: May be limited but there are boutiques for souvenirs, local art, or for an item you may have wished you brought, or just for a new bathing suit, wrap, hat or flip flop. However, there are a number of grocery stores, fish market, meat market, specialty stores near by.
- Yoga (Samasati): Unwind and unroll your yoga mats at Samasati. Experience a whole different dimension of yoga in the midst of the jungle while overlooking stellar views of the South Caribbean Ocean. Samasati’s yoga instructor modifies each pose according to each student’s level. From beginner to advance, every level is welcomed.